Sunday, September 9, 2012

1978 HG Toys Godzilla Battles The Tricephalon Monster Playset



A timeless classic. When I recieved this as a youngster, the battleship was missing, so they tossed in an extra Tricephalon Monster. I wasn't complaining! Little did I know that the ship features a simple projectile launching mechanism that fires off missles that are 1/4" long by 1/16" diameter (!) The overall vibe of this playset is pure, chintzy goodness. I picked it up fairly recently for a mere $80.

2 comments:

Swing Set Pros said...

This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

Swing set Installation

superflash said...

I was never aware of this game (I'm 65). An estate sale started today and one was pictured along with LOTS of more antique-y stuff. The folks that are doing the sale are the ones that price stuff high, so I did not rush over.

By the time I went I figured it would be gone. When I saw it there I knew something was up. $65 and neither of the two monsters and a pretty bad box. I looked inside (they had tied ribbon around it) and I'm not sure what there IS remaining would be worth.

Four day sale...25% off tomorrow, then 50%, then 75%. The three things I had noted on the site were about eBay priced. At my age I try not to keep buying much more unless I would be stupid to leave it behind. Even my late hardcore garage sale/estate sale buddy (passed a few months ago) would usually skip their sales.